Greenlit: Gator Boys, Animal Planet
Gator Boys (6 x 60′) – Paul Bedard and Jimmy Riffle are two fearless peas in a pod, and they’ve become Florida’s go-to guys when locals find themselves crossing paths with deadly 1,000-pound reptiles in shocking locations – like master bedrooms, swimming pools or outdoor cafés!
The goal of “Gator Boys Alligator Rescue” is for the team to capture nuisance gators with their bare hands and move them to safety before trappers, who kill and sell the animals for their skin and meat, get to them.
It takes serious skill to do this job, and Paul is known for his commanding personality and unmatched expertise, capturing any-sized gator underwater with his bare hands. He’s a record-breaking triathlete who spends his off season heading up “Gator Boys Alligator Rescue” side by side with Jimmy. Despite brother-like bickering between the two, Jimmy looks to Paul as a mentor since they met while Jimmy was alligator wrestling at only 11-years-old! Paul is quick to tell anyone that today, “Jimmy is the best gator wrestler in the world.”
During the course of the series:
- The Gator Boys are determined to capture and rescue a one-of-a-kind, eight-toed alligator before a rival trapper takes its life. Undoubtedly, the animal won’t last long in the wild, so the hunt is on for Paul and Jimmy.
- It’s going to be a fun day when the Gator Boys arrive at a home with a giant nuisance gator in the pool. Paul, who’s the resident water-capture expert, dives in with the beast and wrangles the gator using his hands alone – as only a true gator boy could!
- Jimmy takes on a new and unexpected challenge when he must capture the biggest water moccasin he ever has laid eyes on! Not only is the snake huge, but it’s mean; for a guy who doesn’t blink an eye jumping on a gator, Jimmy gets pretty shaken up dealing with this highly venomous snake.
- Paul’s Clint Eastwood-like personality is causing friction among the team members and he constantly doubts their abilities, especially Ashley’s, the only girl on the team. Will she prove it takes more brains than brawn to handle a gator?
- The boys from Gator Boys find themselves up to their elbows in nuisance gator calls, and they’re everywhere – from a school playground to a mechanic’s garage! The guys are starting to get overwhelmed and annoyed when the team constantly bothers them with petty problems. The tension only grows when a flustered Paul takes a gator bite.
Channel: Animal Planet
Producer: Mike Mathis Productions
TX: 8th January 2012
Source: Animal Planet Press Office