Cool Hunting’s Summer Reading List 2009
Cool Hunting have just published their recommended reads for the summer, many of which might provide inspiration for factual programming, including:
- Squeezed: What You Didn’t Know about Orange Juice, Alissa Hamilton – the history of orange juice in the USA;
- Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry into the Value of Work, Matthew B. Crawford – a eulogy to the skilled labourer;
- Never Use White Type on a Black Background: And 50 Other Ridiculous Design Rules, Anneloes van Gaalen – “silly and sometimes insightful” design axioms. There’s also an interactive website;
- The Waste Makers, Vance Oakley Packard – 1960s book about the “ubiquitous strategies of planned obsolescence”;
- Dear American Airlines, Jonathan Miles – a complaint letter in the form of a novel.
See what Cool Hunting has to say about these books and more here.