Greenlit: Chrisley Knows Best, USA Network
Chrisley Knows Best w/t (8 x 30′) – A real-life family comedy which follows Atlanta-based self-made multimillionaire Todd Chrisley, his devoted wife Julie and their five children who live a seemingly picture-perfect Southern life with everything money can buy. A “patriarch of perfection,” Todd runs his family just like his business – with an iron fist – and micromanages every move and expenditure made by each member of the Chrisley clan. But behind the facade of the family’s fairy-tale like 30,000 square-foot home, real-life issues and lots of laugh-out-loud drama unfolds.
Todd Chrisley isn’t your typical father. Brash and outspoken with a razor sharp southern wit and remarkable ability to dish insults, he keeps the family in line through his tough, and at times brutally honest, form of parenting. When it comes to his family, nothing is off limits – whether it’s deciding the hem length of his daughter’s sweet 16 dress, placing a tracking device on his children’s cars or tossing his son’s laptop in the pool because of inappropriate activity. A totally self-made man, Todd believes he has all the answers. As Todd jokes, he’s “already been there, done that, bought the tee-shirt.”
Meet the rest of the Chrisleys:
- Julie: The daughter of a Baptist minister and former Miss Carolina who is Todd’s business partner, best friend and a “super mom” who does it all. A strong minded woman, she’s not afraid to say what she thinks and spend the family’s dough as she sees fit – whether Todd likes it, or not.
- Lindsie: The eldest daughter, age 24, stunned Todd by her decision to elope and then five months later surprised him even more with the news that she was expecting her first child. Lindsie butts heads with her dad on a daily basis about her husband and how to parent her baby son, Jackson.
- Kyle: The eldest son, 22-year-old Kyle, was once shipped off to Samoa by his parents to work with the Red Cross after he was caught with a married woman. Now he is trying to figure out what to do with his life and is living with a new roomie: Todd’s mother, Faye.
- Chase: A mini version of Todd, who prides himself on being the favorite child, Chase is always trying to outsmart his dad, which keeps him under Todd’s watchful eye at all times. The 17-year-old top athlete charms the ladies with his good looks and his brand new Range Rover.
- Savannah: This 16-year-old pageant queen boasts a 4.2 grade point average and would not be caught dead without her make-up and heels. She has grand dreams of being Miss Georgia one day and ultimately becoming a pediatric oncologist. She and older brother Chase are often in cahoots – whether that’s in mischief, having each other’s back or even dealing with dad.
Channel: USA Network
Producer: Maverick TV
TX: 11th March 2014
Source: USA Network press release (via The Futon Critic)