TLC Launches In UK on 30th April 2013
Discovery Networks International will launch TLC in the UK and Ireland on Tuesday 30 April 2013. TLC, already the world’s biggest female entertainment channel, will be exclusively premiering hit shows from the US, alongside a host of original UK series featuring well-known stars. Filled with exciting, new and enjoyable entertainment shows, and featuring remarkable and memorable real-life characters, this is TV to talk about.
Premiere UK commissions at launch include: –
- Holly Valance, Brix Smith Start and Paul Hartnett form a formidable panel to judge the style decisions of self-proclaimed fashionistas in British fashion show, Ultimate Shopper, produced by Betty TV
- With the help of Lisa Snowdon, four husbands and boyfriends shred their partners’ clothes and completely restyle them in Your Style In His Hands.
- Dawn O’Porter finds out just how much parents know about their teenagers when they are left home alone in observational documentary, Undercover Mums.
- From the producers of Embarrassing Bodies, My Naked Secret and Last Chance Salon transform the lives of people who have been hiding a secret about their bodies, or have undergone botched body enhancements.
Premiere US shows at launch include:
- Seven-year-old child pageant star Alana “Honey Boo Boo” Thomson, and her larger-than-life family, feature in the US smash-hit series and ‘pop culture phenomenon’, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo;
- TLC’s highest rating new series in the US, Breaking Amish, follows the lives of five young Amish/Mennonite men and women as they trade their horse and buggies for taxi cabs in New York, and break out from their respective communities
- Oprah Winfrey steps outside of the studio for some in-depth conversations with newsmakers, celebrities, and real-life families in Oprah’s Next Chapter.
TLC will be available on Sky (channel 125), Virgin Media (channel 167), BT Vision (channel 875) and YouView on the TalkTalk player, as well as via Sky, Virgin Media and BT Vision’s on-demand services. TLC will also be available in HD from Sky and Virgin Media.
Source: TLC press release