On the Fly (13 x ) – An exploration of the modern air travel experience. Going into airports across the USA, the series shares an insider’s view of Southwest Airlines – at the gates, in the air, and behind the scenes – revealing the hectic, unexpected, and over-the-top happenings with customers and employees.
With more than 100 million passengers a year, Southwest is one of the country’s largest and busiest airlines, and every day there are countless compelling and outrageous stories happening in the terminals and on the planes. Each episode will bring viewers along for the ride, sharing thelarge-scale operations at the airline, as well as personal customer stories, ranging from a surprise proposal mid-flight and a delayed dance troupe’s impromptu performance to the havoc caused by weather delays and the repercussions of a baggage belt breakdown. In this series, it’s not about the destination, but the journey to get there.
Production covered some of Southwest’s most active airports to capture stories from coast to coast. The airports featured are:
· Austin TX: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
· Baltimore, MD: Baltimore/Washington International Airport
· Chicago, IL: Chicago Midway International
· Denver, CO: Denver International Airport
· Ft Lauderdale, FL: Ft Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
· Houston TX: Houston-Hobby
· Nashville, TN, LA Nashville International Airport
· New Orleans, LA: Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
· Philadelphia, PA: Philadelphia International Airport
· Sacramento, CA: Sacramento International Airport
· Tampa, FL: Tampa International Airport
Tweet: using Twitter hashtag #OnTheFly.
Producer: ITV Studios America
TX: 24th May 2012