Meet the UK Factual Commissioners: Katy Thorogood, Commissioner Daytime and Factual, ITV
Katy Thorogood, Commissioner Daytime and Branded Factual, ITV recently outlined her commissioning needs to attendees of the Broadcast Factual Forum.
Katy's overview of ITV:
Photo by Torres CC BY-SA 2.0
- Only commissions hours – tends to pilot for two weeks and then commission a run of 30 or 60 episodes.
Watch clip reel: ITV Factual Programming 2010
- ‘Real people’ formats for peak – nothing too constructed or formatted. Need to be “celebratory, with warm dramatic moments at their heart”.
There are a number of opportunities in daytime:
- 2pm – young skewing, home making, dating – pacey and warm programmes
- 3pm – older viewers, gentler programmes – antiques and collectibles, less makeover/homes programming
- 4pm – narrative driven programemes
£30K for 60′ (only commissions 60’s)
Source: Broadcast Factual Forum 10th March, 2010