Meet the Entertainment Commissioner: Matthew Littleford, UKTV
Matthew Littleford, Controller UKTV, recently outlined his commissioning needs to attendees of the Broadcast Entertainment Forum (as of September 2009). Matthew commissions entertainment across several channels at UKTV: Alibi, Gold, Watch and Dave.
Photo by Torres CC BY-SA 2.0
Matthew's View on UKTV
- Gold – transmits classic BBC comedy and programmes that support that comedy.
- Alibi – Largely co-produced crime programmes; can’t afford to fully fund expensive programmes.
- Watch – broad family entertainment eg. Total Wipeout and Torchwood.
- Dave – “the home of witty banter” for 26-34 year old men. Shows about cars and gadgets with high production values that provoke conversation.
- A new car show that could sit next to Top Gear on Dave.
Source: Broadcast Entertainment Forum 24th September 2009