Meet the Entertainment Commissioner: Mark Linsey, BBC
Mark Linsey, Controller of Entertainment Commissioning at the BBC, recently outlined his commissioning needs to attendees of the Broadcast Entertainment Forum (as of September 2009).
Photo by Torres CC BY-SA 2.0
- Main agenda for the BBC is new talent.
- New talent can be given a platform on BBC3 – when pitching, think about the format that would best suit them.
- There is room on BBC2 for some more established talent.
- Need a chat show to replace Graham Norton’s show.
- Want some bold and ambitious new talent on BBC1
- Strong and distinctive formats.
How to pitch
- Likes to talk about an idea in its earliest stages, before it’s been too formatted.
- Likes regular dialogue with producers.
- When pitching, talk about the ambitious, bold and distinctive top line idea first.
Source: Broadcast Entertainment Forum 24th September 2009