10 Historic Badasses
If you like your history spiked with testosterone, this site should be right up your street. It lists the top ten ass-kickers through history:
- Simo Häyhä – Finnish sniper
- Andrew Jackson – the 7th President of the United States
- The Prince of Wallachia – Vlad the Impaler
- Shaka Zulu – founder of the Zulu kingdom
- Triệu Thị Trinh – Vietnamese Rebel leader (a woman who kicks ass)
- Ulf Hreda – Irish warrior
- Dioxippus – Ancient Greek martial artist
- Masutatsu Ōyama – founder of karate
- Audie Murphy – one of most decorated US soldiers of WWII. He killed 240 Nazis and destroyed 6 tanks single-handedly
- Robert “Paddy” Mayne – one of most decorated UK soldiers of WWII – destroyed more than 100 enemy aircraft by driving drunkenly across enemy airfields with all guns blazing.
Who’d have thought it? A binge drinking Brit.
Visit Ty.rannosaur.us to read more about each badass. There’s also 15 Famously Filthy People from the Pages of History and Ten Famously Ugly People (also mostly from history).
Reads like Spike TV’s idea of a history lesson…or The Horrible History of the World for grown-ups.