Google’s Project 10 to the 100th recently asked people to submit their ideas to make the world a better place. They received 100,000 ideas, which they’re now shortlisting the best 100. On 17th March the public will vote for their favourite 20 ideas. A panel will then decide on the best five ideas and Google will make them happen (with the help of $10,000).
* Community: connecting people and protecting cultures
* Opportunity: helping people provide for themselves
* Energy: clean, green fuels
*Environment: creating a sustainable ecosystem
* Health: helping people live longer and healthier
*Education: raising standards and access to education
* Shelter: save housing for all
* Everything else.
Ideas must be capable of being implemented withing a couple of years, reach as many people as possible, have impact on an urgent need, be cost effective and have longevity.