Creativity coach Mark McGuiness has published a free ebook called How to Motivate Creative People (Including Yourself).
* What makes creative people tick
* Why motivation is crucial to creative success
* Why you can’t motivate anybody – but what you can do instead
* What Iggy Pop can teach you about management
* Why offering rewards can harm creative performance
* How to write 47 novels before breakfast
* Why some people seem so weird – and how to deal with them
* The positive side of peer pressure
It’s an easy read, with a mix of personal anecdote, case studies ranging from the Beatles to Trollope via curling and some satisfying enneagrams (don’t worry, you don’t need to take your pants off. Unless you want to.).
It’s licensed for free non-commercial distribution, so feel free to share it with your friends and contacts.
Get more creativity tips in Greenlit: Developing Factual/Reality TV Ideas From Concept to Pitch